The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, April 4, 2013

which way

Looking at the higher timeframe SPY, the daily really can go either way.  The fast line on the 3/10macd can tick up (which would read as continuation on the price chart, or it can tick down and signal further continuation.  When viewing the 65m chart with it (on the right) the fast line on this 3/10 macd can either form an XYZ corrective wave (which would read as 4d-4c) or cross the slow line and turn into 3a (further test higher).  Not much of a clue.

Looking at a slightly faster time frame than the daily, the 130min (3-bars per day) is showing the 2c-2d criteria (not necessarily bearish). While pairing it with the 30min we would be looking for a 3d-3a criteria to trigger a long.

No comments: