The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tue. 04_02

today's trade
nice bounce off the pre-market midpoint that coincided with a zero-line touch of the Adv/Decl (see below)
A key for the above chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  


breadth (the Advancing/Declining Issues and Up/Down Volume are for the S&P500 only)

Opening swing:  Open Reject Reverse Opening type.  The lows coincided with the previous day's LVN and Friday's POC.  This is a 'fast' chart so to better see the opening swing, for a definition of terms you can look at this site http://www.futurestrader71.com/?page_id=1280 .

I failed to take action on the opening sequence.  Overall not much trading done.

5min SPY with premarket

ES Volume profile: Day type = Neutral Day.
 I got the idea to include this from @eminiplayer ...the idea is not my own, but I thought it would be a good thing to include in a daily wrap-up.  FYI the low of the day was 59.5  the long tail here is due to globex inclusion.

No comments: