The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Monday, April 22, 2013

Mon 04_22



 A typical move you see a lot of in the SPY; Higher high price breakout (1), pullback making a lower low (2) but price retains a significant level on multiple tests (more visible on the faster time frame), which lead to  price squeezing higher.

today's breadth

Opening swing and first hour (Initial Balance).  Very wide IB range today, yet the high was still taken out (higher value being priced in).

Volume Profile coming into today
Volume Profile going forward

ES globex, Opening session in black vertical dash line, arrows indicating entry potentials

Higher time frame:  Daily price is spending a good deal of time within the 20- & 50-day MA window.  A large gap remains overhead, and it would be healthy to spend some time auctioning this gap range, but a 65-min fast line/slow line cross would temporarily change this higher time frame bullishness.


Crude Oil-

Gold -

No comments: