The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tue. 04_09

today's trade
A key for the above chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  

Today's Opening Swing - Open Auction Out of Range (OAOR).   Traded around the ptre-market range midpoint before selling lower

Breadth - neutral to start.  Break-out from zero-line coinciding with price recovering the Open and Opening swing range.

trades - 3 total, two long one short.  Captain Hindsight says that I shouldn't have scaled out of my initial long position, rather I should have added.

SPY with premarket and higher time frame 3/10macd

Volume Profile - Today's 'Day Type' being a Double-Distribution Trend Day.  Buyers supported the confluence of low volume nodes (LVN's).  Value built around a previous High Volume Node (HV) from April 3rd.  The breakout of the IB_high later in the afternoon brought a move back to April 2nd's LVN and beyond while also building value around the 4/02 VPOC.

The current cycle is (obviously) going at a faster rate than our previous cycles, twice as fast actually

No comments: