The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wed. 2_27

today's trade
A key for the above chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  

Criteria 1b-1a throughout the day which means trades which anticipate a breakout and or base break.

The red diagonal line in the 15m chart above represents the cycle price and time projection I drew before the market opened this morning based on the symmetry of the cycles shown below:
The fuchsia line in the chart above reflects the cyclic trend line (a la Stevenson PTT) where a close through that line would indicate the beginning of the next regular cycle.  A partial decline followed by a return to the $152.25 area would be pretty bullish.  
The sketchiest thing at this point is the lower high scenario indicated on the 65m (also a reverse divergence currently) with the 15m showing a 2b criteria (Head & Shoulders pattern on the 15m 3/10macd).  

Also should point out a potential reverse divergence between the S&P price vs. S&P breadth.
S&P Advancing/Declining (left) and S&P Up/Down volume (right)

No comments: