The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Friday, February 22, 2013

Fri. 02_22

today's trade
A key for the above chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  
First long and short nearly evened themselves out, trying to get a feel for which way the market wanted to go.
Third trade, long, was the anticipation of the 15m 3/10macd going back to 1a (from 1b).
Fourth trade, short, was anticipating the 2c on 15m 3/10macd but you don't really know how much of a pullback you'll get.  The 5m had a tweezer top, an "M" top, overhead supply from the previous day's selling (bearish "trend") AND STILL price would't give up the IB_High (which was a confluence of the o/s_high and o/n_high areas.  Took a small loss.
Fifth trade, long, anticipating the 2c-2d criteria setup to play out,  I got out for scraps and walked away from the computer.  F@(%!


Higher time frame...no pullback, V-bottom so far.  Maybe it was a Bull trap if the recent news (Moody's GB downgrade) has any effect

Otherwise, there's this similarity that can play out:
242-days ago something very similar happened in the SPY that happened today.

2 comments:

Jay Jay said...

What is IB high mean?

toddstrade said...

IB = Initial Balance