The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tue. 02_05

today's trade
A key for the above chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  

Started off the day with a 3d criteria setup.  Middle of the day was a 2c-2d criteria setup, and finished the day with a 2b criteria short setup.  Slightly higher high today, but a double-top until proven otherwise.

It looks as though it's just a matter of gauging the next pullback.  15-min is in 2c-2d criteria so the current pullback should be supported.  It's the pullback higher (the bounce we can expect from today's late day selling) that will be more telling.  So, I'd be looking to short some sort of XYZ corrective wave on the 15-min, otherwise buy in anticipation of the fast line going green again.

With the symmetrical cycle price pattern taking shape, the Daily chart (below, right) looks like it's putting in a 3-push pattern)

Lastly, today saw the highest ADV./DECL. Volume since this year's rally began.  Which happened to follow the largest NEGATIVE ADV/DECL reading since this rally began.  Seems to smell of distribution perhaps.

No comments: