The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thu 03_20

A few new triggers.  Looks like an impending breakout into OpEx tomorrow.
SPY - fast line didn't tick down on the hourly, so I would still be long.  With the daily FL<SL if price doesn't break out above $188 tomorrow I would run for the hills.
 QQQ- since the daily FL > SL I would hold on through the next hourly bar instead of scratching it due to the tick down in the hourly fast line.
 IWM - could have either scratched it for a small loss and buy if there's a break out tomorrow, or held in anticipation of a breakout tomorrow.  Price really needs to get over $119.50 then $120.  Doing so will likely be a momentum move which would cause the fast line to tick back up and over the slow line on the hourly chart.
 DIA- similar story as with the IWM
 IYT - lagging.  Could be building an inverted roof type of pattern
 XLF - Showing relative strength as everyone is aware. Needs follow-through beyond these highs.
Long triggered on the close for the 4-hour ES, 1884.75 primary target.  If this doesn't breakout over 1868, run for zee hills.
EURUSD still working a primary target on the short side (4-hour)

No comments: