The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Friday, March 15, 2013

Week ending 3_15

Been a while since posting.  When you're not sure anyone reads the site it's easy to slack on posts.
Nothing has really changed.
This week played out the 2c-2d criteria long setup on the 65-min chart (bottom left).  The daily (bottom right) has played out the 2c-2d criteria long setup since the beginning of the month:

We closed the week on a 2c-2d criteria for the 65min chart and the 15-min was showing 3d criteria to set up the long entry.  Resistance to overcome being the $156 mark

Slight bearishness on the weekly in the form of a decent sized wick on a topping type of candle.
Watching the daily 3/10macd for a fast line/slow line cross (same for weekly) to see if there's a steeper correction

A broader look at the weekly SPY.  It's interesting to notice that some very textbook technical patterns (and their measured moves) have played out quite well over the years.

2 comments:

Jay Jay said...

Todd I read your blog almost everyday. That's why I've asked if you could be so kind as to add me to your blog roll. I have you on my blog and by clicking on your link I , an many others can find you site. Have a great weekend.

Jay

toddstrade said...

lulz...I walked right into that one