The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wed 03_06

today's trade
A key for the above chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  

z-day

higher time frame achieved the 50% projection of the most recent seed wave.

Now a matter of watching how the current move is digested following the 2c-2d-1a breakout on the daily

Some comparable examples of this setup in the past; strong momentum coming out of the 2c-2d criteria breakout:
First thing we'd like to see is the faster time frame fast line and slow line of 3/10macd to catch up to one another, being cautious of any XYZ zig-zag waves forming.

We would also like to see the Daily chart 3/10macd to retain a fast line > slow line criteria

More recently we had a similar setup to start the year.  Being that price is quite stretched at this point it would make sense to pull in or catch up to the daily 20-period moving average.  Such a scenario would likely open up a buyable entry and it would be what follows that will determine continuation or further correction.

No comments: