The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Friday, December 14, 2012

Fri. 12_14

Today's Trade:

A key for the above chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  


In the chart above:
First entry long in anticipation of 3d criteria setup.  The following trade (short) was the premise that the 3d "failed" and price would/could roll over. Then entered long after failure to breakdown from IB_low thinking, "from failed moves come fast moves."  Then I just gave up throughout the remaining chop, the final short was entered at the bar previous to the one with the down-arrow.

It's looking a little tricky on the higher time frame.
The daily 3/10macd looks to be rolling over.  The 130-min has the potential for the 2c-2d criteria setup to play out

 if that's the case I usually like to see a 3d criteria on a faster time frame, which the 30-min chart has the potential for setting up (the chart on the left below).  So, into Monday we're looking for strength above $142.50-ish for this pattern to play out


What seems pretty bearish to me at this point is the weekly chart below.
Price was rejected under $143.  To anticipate the weekly 3/10macd to roll over and have it's bear flag play out (where the fast line would turn red, back to criteria 2c or 4c) we're looking for the daily 3/10macd fast line to turn red

back with more weekly charts later.

No comments: