The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SPY 2d

-Bullish trend in place (20- & 50-MA slope & distance) and price above MA's.
-Pull back into a support area (in this case the previous day's high) which often registers as a reverse divergence.
-Double bottom into the later afternoon (can otherwise be an inverse H&S or 3-push to a low).
-Price returns back to the breakdown point (continues in the direction of the trend).
I use the term "2d setup" to define the above list of criteria, as mentioned in previous posts.  So here is what it looked like in the SPY today; as an aside, had price rolled over under $133 (around the 1:30-2:00 hour) this could have been a potential short:


And so price is in the reversion to a mean phase, in this case the 20-day MA, which coincides with the 38.2% retracement.  (Pay no attention to the lower wick on the chart below, it appears I have to clear my cache).

No comments: