The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

wed. 1_18

Way too many setups to post today.  There's always at least one 'good' day during the week of OpEx.  The trick is to not get chopped-up in the not-so-good days of the OpEx week.
Here is a split time frame of the ES as we were going into today.
The higher time frame trend has been very strong and continues to put in higher lows and highs.
Starting from left to right; the 240-minute chart shows a strong trend with the 3/10macd showing the 2c/d criteria, so we would look for a 3d setup on a faster time frame.  The 60-minute time frame provided the 3d setup while the entries on the 15-minute chart are highlighted with up-arrows.

Notice that the 3d setup occurred in the pre-market (around 5am EST) as well.  In this case the move was quick and after testing resistance price conveniently returned to the 1287.50 support just in time for the Open.

No comments: