The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Saturday, October 8, 2011

UCO

Unfortunately this is a "hard to borrow" issue on the short side, but it's the only thing I've found that closely reflects the movement of Crude Oil.  When a trend is strong (for my purposes the 15-minute chart with 20- & 50-MA's indicate trend direction and strength), and the trend in Crude has been bullish all week, you'll see these momentum sell-offs into support that are good buying opportunities. The momentum indicator sets up a reverse divergence ("Sling Buy") where there is a lower low in momentum and a higher low in price. The 5-minute chart demonstrates three pushes to a low forming an inverted Head & Shoulders. First target was the 100% projection which coincided with the price breakdown point. Position closed on price failing to hold the Open on waning momentum near the end of day.

No comments: