The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

missed it

Screwed up this 3d long entry on the SPY today.
The setup was more apparent on the 30-min time frame

I went long too early and didn't get back in when I should have :/
Should have gotten back in as indicated below, though it was difficult to chase a long in such a bearish market, especially without much of a pullback.  You never know when a move like this is going to happen.  The biggest disappointment was that I was actually anticipating a 3d setup for half the afternoon, then only to screw it up in the end is incredibly frustrating.

Anyway, the SPY daily left us with what appears to be a bear trap on a bullish divergence.  7% higher and I wouldn't be surprised to see new highs by the end of December :/

Oh yeah, and the SPY weekly is possibly setting up this 3d criteria as well (looking for green fast line and/or a seed wave on the Daily as trigger to entry).

The ES ALMOST made a tweezer low today.  This could rally over 80-points and STILL be bearish.

The NQ still hasn't broken its low, has a similar 3d setup on the weekly (looks better actually) and can rally 130-points and STILL be bearish!

No comments: