The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Monday, October 3, 2011

SPY 4c-to-4d continuation setup.

AAPL long 3d criteria.  I thought this was a b/e trade, but I actually lost about $0.25 on this.  When a 3d setup fails often makes for a good short entry.  Reversing this entry from long to short would have worked initially, but could have just as easily resulted in a stop-out considering the whippy move around 3:00.
The inverse names have been setting up for a while now.  This would have been better off adding too rather than jumping in and out of as I did.  First entry was a target of 1/2 position for $1, 2nd half b/e.  Second entry was a stop-out at b/e and the third entry was for the move into the close for $1.


No comments: