The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, February 26, 2014

same

Nothing much has really changed this week.  Price seems to  be digesting through time rather than price.
SPY - blah.  Nothing much happening here.  Had a long trigger this morning, but it couldn't get beyond $185.5
Similar story with $QQQ - when these triggers start registering small,  or even full, losses it tells me a bigger move is on the horizon.

Was looking good for IWM but it failed it's target and closed $0.13 under original entry.

DIA - failed to fully break out of a triangle.  Looks like it can go either way
IYT - since the daily was/is still bullish it was worth trying a long on today's trigger, but once the fast line ticked down it was better to take the small loss and enter the 2b criteria short setup.  I'd be a bit nervous holding this short overnight, but a decent hedge might have been to hold some IWM long while taking this short

XLF - still feels like this can go either way.

No comments: