The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, November 21, 2013

squeeze train

Red day?  Buy it.  Taper?  Buy it?  Outside reversal?  Buy it.  Bearish engulfing?  Buy it.  lol and so it goes.

     Just some 15-min charts with potential entry arrows.
  The very bottom indicator is the 3/10macd for the time frame of the chart (15-min), while the indicator above it reflects the time frame approximately 3x higher/slower.  Bear in mind, the exits for such trades are not indicated; they are a discretionary determination.  Targets are sually based on the distance between the entry and a recent pivot.  I also use the 3/10macd to cue me to exit for taking a loss (if the slow line & fast line disagree or if the fast line ticks down, that sort of thing).

SPY - under resistance.  Gap up and run, or fade?

IWM - nice and clear 3d criteria setup on the higher time frame (highlighted).  Breakout tomorrow, or is this a double-top?

QQQ - at resistance

An updated chart of the daily/hourly posted yesterday.  Still no certainty with the daily.  Today's buy trigger on the hourly can lead to a breakout tomorrow, thereby pulling the daily fast line up, but the hourly reverse divergence and small bodied doji's at resistance are reason to be quick on the cover/reverse button if it threatens the 179.36 area.

No comments: