The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tue. 05_14

Open Drive opening type (vertical dash lines represent every 5-minute interval)

You have to be ready for it, entry was on the close of the first 5-minute bar.  If wrong where would your stop be?  The low of that first 5-minute bar?  If that's the case your max loss would be approximately 3 E-mini points ($0.30 on the SPY).
 Hindsight - I left a bit on the table, should have waited for the 5-min 3/10macd to take profits.
If you miss the earlier entry on an Opening Drive day oftentimes you can look to buy the first 5-minute Red bar, or a bar confirming that red bar.

Based on the hourly time frame my target was approximately $1.  The trigger set up into the close and there was a decent technical pattern to measure (cup & handle)

Breadth two hours in

No comments: