The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thu. 05_02

A key for the above (5-min) chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  

ES with Globex - didn't take the entry for this in the morning, it was the bar preceding the bar with the up arrow on the 5min chart above (the bar before the one with an "X" underneath it).

Breadth - started out moderately strong from the open, broke out above 200k by 11:00am

Volume Profile coming into the day - Shorts not going to press anything into the numbers tomorrow. Opened right under a HVN  then proceeded to move higher through the next two HVN's

A good example, on the higher time frame, where a sell divergence in a momentum indicator doesn't mean price has to go down.  The daily 3/10macd showing a sell divergence and a down-ticking fast line, yet closed at a higher high

Pretty neat that the ES closed at a lower high, just under 1600 going into tomorrow's  numbers.  Can go either way

No comments: