The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fri. 05_03

First buy based on 50% Fib. retrace (Really should have been in off the open.  Really, really should have been in on the NFP release).  Other trades during the day were smaller scalps.  Second up-arrowdoesn't show exits.

With bullish wind in your sails, it's a little easier to "trust" some typical TICK divergences (highlighted).  Selling (profit-taking) seemed prevalent throughout the day.


I believe LBR refers to the setup below as an "Anti" which shows itself as a small flag.   In toddstrade nomenclature I refer to it as 1b-to-1a.  The "trigger" would be the faster time frame fast line going green (in the scenario below the faster time frame was showing 2c-2d criteria so you could drill down further still and look for a 3d criteria on a faster time frame).  The discretionary aspect of this approach arrises in making the decision to either wait until the bar closes or get in as price is breaking out.  
As an aside, a picture perfect "First Cross" setup occurred on 4/23 (indicated with an up-arrow on that date) on this higher time frame ES chart (below, left).  Also 1b-1a criteria except the slow line just came up through the zero-line. 

The day's range with volume profile

No comments: