The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wed 01_09

today's trade:
A key for the above chart to define the horizontal lines and dots.  For further explanation, see this link:  

The quick move out of the open left me on the sidelines.  Criteria 1a is less about trading a 5-min 3/10macd trigger than it is about buying a breakout (particularly on a faster time frame, like the 3-min).
First trade long was a small loss (didn't wait for the large 5-min red bar to close).
Second trade, the first short had two exits.
Third trade was a little worse than scratch.
Fourth trade, short, was meh.
Fifth trade, long, was a scalp into the close.

Higher time frame;
Looking for a tick up in the 65min 3/10 macd fast line (3a-1a) with a trigger being the 15-min 3/10macd fast line going green

No comments: