The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, September 6, 2012

Finally

The markets finally broke out of their consolidation ranges today.
Here is an updated chart from one posted a few days ago showing the daily chart setting up the 2c-2d criteria.  To reiterate; 2c-2d criteria we want to see:
a). Trend on the traded time frame
b). 3-pushes to a low or inverse H&S on the trigger time frame which is often the 3d criteria

Same goes for the rest of them.
DIA

QQQ

and the harbinger, IWM - this one you had to look a little deeper to find the 3d setup (it happened on the 60-min chart, see below)

65-min chart on right



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post Todd, hope you caught that, lots of good opportunities today

toddstrade said...

Been waiting for this move all week.