The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Friday, September 19, 2008

update

So, as the news goes, the limit on short selling includes only 799 financial companies. Here's the list.
I have to hand it to THE Fly once again. When news of the short sale rule was first being floated he reversed ship and (among other re-shuffling) bought a boatload of C ("more than 100,000"). If he took some off the table at the open he was looking at a 22% gain. Not sure what he did at the open, but it's food for thought on how not to behave in this sort of environment. A lot can be said for someone who can reverse their opinion on a market and follow suit with their money to back it up. One can't hold too sternly to a directional bias in these markets; and when news comes out you have to act in an unbiased manner to protect and grow your bottom line. Live and Learn.

On a side note. The easy money today was made shorting the vast gap at the open. Not that I made the easy money, but it's good to preserve these tidbits of information for future reference.

No comments: