The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, September 30, 2008

crap day

title says it all. I lost $150 today (At least my USO position is back in the healthy green). Such a simple day to trade (QLD) in hindsight. A trend in place all day long with buys at one of the moving averages (I can't remember which one, I don't have the chart to post either...will look into that).
For the past few years I have always had this hunch that George W. Bush would orchestrate something to stay in office for another term. Wouldn't it be funny if this is the pre-cursor to that hypothesis?; Maybe he'll be running again in 4 years! w00t!

{Update} Here's the chart for QLD today. Such a simple strategy that I made more complex than it needed to be. Buy the longer-term Moving Average and let it walk up to the previous day's support level.

No comments: