The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thu 05_15

The move lower was triggered yesterday afternoon in most of the majors.
SPY - "2b top" potential with a close lower, though I'm not certain if it would be under $186 or < $181.50 that would confirm it.

DIA - didn't trigger as the 65m fast line just kept sliding lower

QQQ - continues to build symmetrical cycles

 IWM - held that $107.50 area yet again

IYT - trend still stable

XLF - late trigger, probably a loss in the making

ES 4H back into support.  Higher t/f showing FL < SL so  no buying setup likely for a while

A curiosity worth noting:
    Below is the S&P500 (cash) with an indication of the NYSE 52-week new highs vs. new lows differential.  Recently a negative close in this indicator marked a bottom, while other occurrences preceded a larger and longer corrective phase.

No comments: