The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Sunday, June 24, 2012

weekly signal

The SPY weekly may be setting up a 4d-4c sell continuation setup.  Price is inside the "window" (between the 20- & 50-MA's) and we have the 3/10macd slow line crossing zero (which often precedes a 20- & 50-MA crossover) and the fast line pulling into it (essentially a bear flag).  Price is at a critical juncture.  A move higher (thereby turning the fast line positive) would force a squeeze.  While a tick down in the fast line could initiate a bear flag sell-off (this would also trigger a first cross sell signal).


  A clue to what may develop on this weekly macd setup will be how the daily behaves.  A negative tick down in the fast line would be a potential sell signal (though I would prefer the fast line to set up an X-Y-Z pattern that looks like this


So, should we sell lower we could possibly anticipate buyers to step in around the $130 mark and maybe we get boost higher from there, at which time that fast line on the macd would set up the zig-zag pattern I mentioned above.


No comments: