The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Saturday, June 16, 2012

this week in SPY

This week's trading in the SPY with pre-market activity.  Vertical blue dash line is the regular trading hour open, fuchsia horizontal lines are the overnight highs/lows.
Monday - Trend day from the beginning.  Notice how the first 5-minute bar cut right through the o/n_lows and didn't look back, making it difficult to enter if looking to short a pullback. 

Tuesday - A false breakdown of the o/n_lows leading to a squeeze in the other direction.  Support at the o/n_highs eventually holding and extending into the 150% projection.

Wednesday - Price holding the o/n_lows, attempting to break the o/n_highs and eventually selling off down to the 50% projection.

Thursday - A narrower o/n range with an early breakout to an eventual tag of the 100% projection.  Late afternoon pullback coming very close to the o/n_high and extending higher on extreme volatility.

Friday - o/n_lows hold and move higher throughout the day.

No comments: