The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Friday, April 13, 2012

Fri. 4_13

Two trade setups from yesterday and today.
SPY 3d going into the close Wednesday that followed-through on Thursday morning.

The faster time frame of this pair triggered late (by the time it triggered price was at the 50% projection already), so for a quicker entry you can go to a faster time frame.  In this case, if you were still waiting for a trigger entry, you didn't get it until about $138.02 which was fine, so long as you stick to your target objectives.  In this case the 50% projection target was $138.34, or $0.32 per share for half of the position:


Today in BIDU
2d setup.  Reverse Divergence on the higher time frame, inverse H&S on the faster time frame.  Instead of taking the final half off at the 100% projection I let it interact with the IB-high to see what it would do into the close and let a faster time frame show signs of waning momentum


No comments: