The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12/6

Inside day.
A number of fake moves for most of the day.  The Opening price acted as main pivot.
White lines are S/R from previous day/s.  Purple line is intraday S/R.
A/D-line popped strong above the zero-line on the day's breakout (confirming).  I was short just above $127 but really didn't capture the move down because of poor exits above 126.6.

3d setup played out (inverse Head & Shoulders) vertical lines being potential entries.  I was long around the midpoint ($126.06) but....

 ... again didn't capture the strength of the move due to poor execution.  Definitely need to work on this issue, all b/c I'm too over-focused on the fast time frame and not seeing the forest for the trees.

Here's another look at S/R points today, again, white lines from previous days. purple lines from the current day, yellow dash line was over-night high:

No comments: