The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

also

I forgot to mention in my previous post that with the stocks I follow I also keep track of whether the Lows or Highs were made first in the most recent session. So, for instance, today on the SPY price gaped down, sold off, made lows for the day, "rallied" and took out the day's highs. That combination would have me denote SPY after the close as L1 (or, Lows made first). Meanwhile, XLF made it's highs for the day and sold off, never to challenge the highs for the rest of the day, so I would mark it H1. The idea behind it is that price under selling pressure would work from Highs to Lows, while price being bought might work from Lows to Highs. It's a very short term perspective, after all it is Day trading ;)
So, after the close today;
XLF H1
SPY L1
XLE H1
AAPL H1
FCX L1
GS L1
OIH L1
POT H1
TLT L1
RIMM L1

No comments: