The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Monday, April 28, 2014

whippy

Some whippy behavior in the market today.
SPY - may be setting up a long entry for tomorrow (65m fast line going green).

DIA - similar story as SPY

QQQ - stopped-out short entry today (unless you kept a stop above the pivot high i suppose)

IWM - similar set-up to the QQQ but a but less of a loss (due to the 65min fast line ticking up while the higher time frame has a FL<SL orientation).

IYT - the reason for not shorting this set-up mostly has to do with the previous strength.

XLF - the one short that worked!

 4H ES - quite a swift reversal bar.  This is what can happen when you short a 4c-4d continuation (on the faster "trigger" time frame) when the FL > SL.

 EURUSD - stuck in a crummy range, leading to more stop-outs.  Notice how the traded time frame 3/10macd (top indicator) kind of goes flat, as compared to previous, larger, momentum readings.  Indicative of an environment that can prove difficult with these setups and within such a tight range.

No comments: