The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Monday, November 19, 2012

Mon 11_19

Extreme advancing day.  Breadth being extremely bullish.
The 15m & 5m with 3/10macd below.  If you didn't buy the open I prefer to wait until the 3/10macd fast line on the 5-minute crosses (or anticipate a crossing of) the slow line.   First long entry a small loss.  Second long entry, a small gain.  The 3rd up arrow long entry indicates the "trigger" but I actually entered closer to vwap and added to the position at around the last up-arrow.

During these extreme advancing days I find it's often best to look for an entry (or build a position) on new low TICK readings, with the anticipation of closing near the higs of the day.

On the higher time frame:
Price strongly recovered the 200-day Moving average, however it has a downward sloping 20-MA directly overhead and a downward sloping 50-MA.  Corresponding with the 20-day MA is the 38.2% Fib. retrace.  Still very much in a down trend which will start to come under pressure from short sellers once momentum begins to wane.


No comments: