The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SPY setups

Two setups in the SPY today going in both directions.
2d long setup: reverse divergence in a bullish trend where on the faster time frame we see a double bottom (or 3-push, or bear trap) for a move back to previous supply levels.
It may not seem like much as the first target was only 12-cents from entry (with an 8-cent stop) but take into consideration that 500 SPY shares equates to 1 ES contract and 1 ES point equates to $0.10 on the SPY.  So it seems best to trade this on the ES with at least 2, maybe 4,  contracts and scale out at each Fib projection target.  While with the SPY you can scale out in different proportions.  At any rate, this setup rolled over hard once returning to the previous supply level, $140.30 level.  Up arrow is entry, down arrow exits.

Price rolling over set up the 2b criteria which I brought up in a post earlier today.  As price hit the 50% projection the faster time frame registered a buy divergence and when it started selling towards the 100% projection and snapped back it formed a triple divergence, which was a warning sign to put a stop in place above that green inside reversal candle on the 5-minute chart. Down arrows are entry, up arrows exits.

No comments: