The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

morning setups

Two stocks I was watching into the close yesterday, AAPL & X.  Both because they were setting up the 3d criteria which typically carries over into the next day. 
AAPL was straight up on the Open clearing the previous resistance level (a likely place for tight stops to be triggered).
This is what you would like to see on such a freakish stock as Apple, orderly candles with an easy to spot pattern to trade off of, in this case a small bull flag.  The main target being the 100% projection off of the PDC to the Open.

X was a lot choppier.  Opening on its lows and getting rejected off of previous resistance.  It needed more time to consolidate

On the smaller time frame this ascending triangle can be seen with a target of the 100% projection

No comments: