The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, January 29, 2009

so much for a continued rally

Didn't take much for the bears to erase yesterday's rally, the Dollar perked up, Gold is on fire, and Oil can't catch a break. The Q's did put up a fight to stay above $29.50, and it closed just below a 38.2% retracement from our counter-trend rally in place over the past 7 sessions. The open gap this morning chopped around S1 (also VWAP) all morning before turning lower around noon. Support was found around $29.60 (previous resistance) where we saw a double bottom (coinciding with a bullish momentum divergence) which brought on a counter-trend rally back to VWAP (where a bearish momentum divergence took price back to test support, where we ended the day). On the 15-minute chart we got a 20- & 50- EMA crossover (ocurring at today's double-bottom) giving us a bearish orientation, and oppotunity to short price retracements to these MA's (as occured later this afternoon). Though we need to proceed with caution, as today's 38.2% retracement could be a double-bottom, bringing prices back up to test the $30. - $30.50 range. Now take a look at Gold, the U.S. Dollar index, and Oil:

No comments: