The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, October 2, 2008

Trend Day Down

Once again, I tried shorting (QLD this time) and wasn't able to get the allocation. And I wasn't fast enough pulling up QID to go long. Well, I was fast enough, just didn't want to chase it (still having confidence issues).
QLD made recent new lows today (along with the Nasdaq and IWM). It was a quick and sustained move down this morning.
I did scalp a long move off of the tweezer bottoms (on 15-min chart) at 8:30 (Pacific Time).
I still need work getting in a trend when I miss the initial thrust. Much like Tuesday's gradual trend up, today's 5EMA (on the 5-min chart) provided good entries to short (if you could get the freakin' shares!).
The new lows today give the markets a feel like everyone left that owns stocks has reached their pain threshold and is cashing out. Who knows how long it can be sustained until we get a counter move up.
By the way, what's up with the U.S.Dollar Index!! Closing at 52-week highs. I assume it has everything to do with deflating commodities markets. It's about as Overbought as the indexes are Oversold, so much for oscillators. A rate cut should correct both (indexes and Dollar) for a reversal.

No comments: