The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Euro

{updated}Off of last night's post, here's an updated chart of the Euro with some nice reactions off of our median lines, particularly that of the long-term Upper Median Line:As the profit taking off the Euro lows subsides we got some nice examples in Andrews pitchfork setups.
The red median line goes back to April 12th and includes 25% warning lines (white dash lines parallel to the upper and lower red median lines). Once price broke down from a long-term support level (1.32) short covering brought price back into a consolidation range between the upper median line and it's 25% warning line before breaking out.
The Yellow pitchfork is a result of the most recent 3 pivots and the handle (yellow dash line) provided a nice point of resistance. A retest of this handle mid-line resulted in a sell-off back to the long-term median line's 25% warning line. It should be interesting to see how price reacts to the confluence of support below (the 1.32 price level, the Red upper median line and the Yellow lower median line).

No comments: