The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Sunday, May 3, 2009

A list

{Updated} I will attempt to keep this list updated on a weekly basis. So it will not always have the same stocks within it, just those meeting the criteria enlisted below. Click on the spreadsheet image to go there.I created a list of stocks to refer to that are good candidates for daytrading. What's a good candidate for daytrading you might wonder?
Well, for one, liquidity. Therefore it includes issues with a 30-day average volume of 1-million shares or greater. I'm by no means re-inventing the wheel here! Just wanted a quick list of daytrade candidates within all industries/sectors.
Share price greater than $14.
A daily range greater than two, which makes for playable movement within the day. Also included is a column for "Share bar" settings which you could just round up or down to zeros or round to the nearest Fibonacci sequence if that tickles your fancy (for instance; instead of using 32,ooo-share bars, you could use 28,657-share bars).
It's broken down by Industry and Sector for greater ease of selection. You can go a step further and discard the stocks that have a wide bid/ask spread and whatever other criteria you like to incorporate.
You can also scan through these and pull out any that look overly volatile (lots of wicky candles, price gaps, back-and-forth choppy sideways behavior, etc.) on an intra-day basis. I was going to delete Sheet 3, but kept in there; it is not based on the above criteria so by all means ignore it.

No comments: