The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Friday, November 4, 2011

repeat

Similar market behavior as the previous day where fading extreme negative TICK readings (-800 with volume support) throughout the day worked well.

Gap-down selling found support (again) at the previous week's Open, coinciding with a demand level from the day before as well as a 100% projection off of the gap (previous day's Close to today's Open).
Earlier in the week I highlighted the 2c setup and the reverse divergence, which is what we got this morning.  Notice how the 5-min 3/10 macd forms a 3-push divergence and then triggers a 3d setup giving us a seed wave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd,

Just found about your website.

Your articles on the 3-10-16 oscillator are excellent.

Although I have used it for some time, mostly as Raschke/Goslin/SMR teach it, you are offering some interesting new ideas.

To me, the key is to anticipate (a la Goslin and SMR) where the lines turn.

I know how to set that up in regards to the slow line, but do not know how to calculate that in regards to the fast line.

You mention your spreadsheet, is that available for download? What about the documents, where it says "Request to View?

Regards,
Halli.

harnarson@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Thank you Halli,
On the right side of the website there are a number of Links followed by an advertisement which is then followed by links to Documents which you must request to view (clicking on them will lead to the request email).
I would be happy to further any dialogue through email; toddstrade@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Todd,

Thanks for your quick reply. Appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I do not have a Google email account so I am afraid I cannot view the documents on the 3-10-16 oscillator...

Regards,
Halli.

toddstrade said...

Don't know what to tell you sir. Google email accounts are just as simple to set up as hotmail accounts if it's any consolation.