The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

pre-FOMC

Most FOMC days have early opportunity before the markets go into a lull as the announcement approaches.
VXX long 3d setup (technically the criteria is 1d, but the strength of the setup is the trend of the slow line and the fast line correcting into it).  I mentioned the other day that the 3d setup occurs later in the day but can carry through into the next morning session.  It's integral to know where overhead resistance is so you can anticipate the dynamic move that comes from trailing stops and/or long positions being initiated.  The 5-min chart of the VXX has two arrows; the leftmost is where the trade technically triggered based on the 3/10 macd and the rightmost where the actual entry was as resistance was taken out (actual R:R was much better on the left arrow).  Fib. projections (15-min chart) based off of the previous day's seed wave.

Mentioned yesterday was to watch MEE and its developing H&S pattern.  This short setup was a breakdown out of a flag and a bounce at the H&S daily neckline:

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Hi, I really enjoy your blog and thanks for sharing the trades you take. I use the Macd 3/10 but only for divergences.

In a number of posts I notice that you seem to have a few set-ups that use the macd 3/10.

Would you be willing to share these? I have clicked on the link for your set-ups but it brings up a google docs page that only those who are approved can open. If you don't like to share this I understand and no harm done. Thanks.....Kevin

Unknown said...

Kevin,
If you request permission to view the document/s I will gladly accept. Any further questions and I would be happy to engage in a dialogue @ toddstrade@gmail.com
Thanks!

-todd

Anonymous said...

Thanks Todd I do that right now and I appreciate your helpfulness.....Kevin