The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Monday, April 18, 2011

half-a-man

AAPL sell-off on the open consolidated after the first 15-minutes for over an hour, forming a V-bottom on the macd (mentioned in two posts last week).  The lesson here is to wait for a cross of the fast and slow line on the 15-min 3/10 macd, but you can anticipate this behavior buy entering on the 5-min 3/10 turning green (again, the cup & handle pattern on the 5-min macd).  First exit was for $1 at vwap, second exit was for another $1, but I should have re-entered later in the day to catch the second half of this move.  Price returned right back to the previous day's breakdown point.

No comments: