The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

back forth testing

These past two days in the SPY gave nice, clear cycles as explained in the Stevenson Price & Time concept. Starting with the nice arching Regular Cycle from yesterday, this morning's Inverted Cycle quickly achieved it's upside PTT, while the next Regular Cycle came awfully close to tagging it's price and time target (this sort of cycle analysis isn't meant as a stand alone strategy, so if you're short on the last half of this RC a better profit target may be the day's Open). Later in the day we got some smaller time frame cycles interspersed so the symmetry began to fade.
Interesting setup we have on the Daily SPY chart, with a confluence of resistance points.
- We have price sitting in the sweet spot of a Bearish Wolfe Wave where the time objective comes around tomorrow.
- A blatant momentum sell divergence
- 161.8% Fibonacci Retracement level
- 100% Fibonacci Extension level
All as volume has increased these last two days.

No comments: