The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Friday, March 12, 2010

115.14

January's monthly high for the SPY was $115.14. Seemingly insignificant, but look at what this level has meant to the SPY for well over 12 years. Red arrows = resistance, Green arrows = supportDon't get caught up on the exact penny of $115.14, rather use that level as a suggestion of possible support/resistance.
So, starting with 1998, here's the intraday $115.14 level:
July 1998-Dec.1998:
March 2001 - May 2002: January 2004 - May 2005: September/October 2008:
And last but not least, 2010:
And if that doesn't get you excited, take a look at yesterday and today on the 5-minute time frame:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just found your blog. Im not a trader. I am interested. I need to read your previous posts. Corey

forex-cat said...

Good analysis!
Your blog is very studied.


...my blog:
forex chart analysis and a cat