The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

SPY Wolfe

Following up on my previous post on the Wolfe Wave, today we saw an example of one on the SPY 5min chart. I wasn't able to capitalize on it, as I didn't catch on until after the 5th swing was made, but it's still pretty cool!
We didn't make it to the measured move 1-4 line as price got hung up on the opening price (which corresponded with the 1-swing. Everything was in place though, right down to the increase in volume as the 5th swing was made.

3 comments:

Akuma99 said...

Shame you missed it todd ... Wolfe states himself in his official manual that the ETA is not something to rely on, I completely ignore it these days, not sure why he included it in the first place really.

I wrote up something on it a while ago: http://beginnertrader.com/blog/technical-analysis/trading-with-wolfe-waves

toddstrade said...

nice Akuma99, thanks for the input. I mentioned in my previous post not to pay too much attention to the ETA, but I wanted to show reasons why things may not work out as projected.

Unknown said...

By the way, Akuma99, your link was included in my previous post on Wolfe Waves (http://toddstrade.blogspot.com/2009/11/wolfe-wave.html)
nice job, and thanks!
-todd