The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Sunday, June 28, 2009

note to self...

....after a trend day, look to use the last hour's high/low (of said trend day) as support/resistance. So, following a day in which price trends up, I will look to buy a return of price to the last hour's lows. Following a day in which price trends down, I will look to sell a return of price to the last hour's highs.
Case in point; most recently this past Friday on the SPY:I'm using 15-min charts to give the big picture. Entry will be timed on a lower time-frame. Also, keep in mind, trend day's are usually followed by narrow-range consolidation days. With that in mind, these could just be scalping holding periods.
So, on a smaller time frame, perhaps I would be looking to buy at those lows, while my target may only be a return to the 20-EMA (or bollinger band or keltner channel mid-line), perhaps taking half at the MA/mid-line. Being that post-trend days are typically choppy and/or narrow-range consolidation day's I'll have my scalping hat on, therefore these will be small plays of buying those lows/highs and covering at a mid-range value line.

No comments: