The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Monday, October 6, 2008

monday

Made some money today (long QID & MOS). But left a whole bunch on the table. Capitulation days have so much potential for profits, and yet when I'm in the moment I get so anxious to book any bit of green. At least I can say that I'm improving on my ability to let my trades wiggle against me, instead of closing out for a loss only to watch my assumption of the trade prove itself out.
Big day today. Down nearly 800 points on the Dow at one point, only to recover over 400 (sounds like capitulation to me). It seems everyone is looking for "the" bottom, so either we'll have a self-fulfilling prophecy tomorrow and we bounce, or we have more down side to go, which is a scary thought.
The S&P500 has fallen beyond the 61.8% retracement level (measured from the lows on October 2002 to the highs of October 2007). If price settles above 1077 this week we could have a temporary bottom to work off of.
As a little tidbit of information; the S&P 500 recorded it's lowest low of the previous bear market on
October 10, 2002 (768.67).
The height of the bull market was recorded on
October 11, 2007
(1576.09).
Curious to see how the week ends.
Talk about a cycle!
It took one year to erase 62%, of what took 5 years to create.

No comments: