The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Sunday, July 18, 2010

POT breakdown

A look at POT Support/Resistance levels going into the week.
It has spent a lot of energy getting back into an accepted price range and the faster it gets to $100-ish (if it goes that direction) the quicker it may be repelled lower.
The following chart shows great examples of support-turned-resistance and other classic technical patterns, so if nothing more, this chart is good to have on here just for posterity:A faster timeframe;
Following a test of $96 support the last few candles were a pennant breakout pattern.

So, scenarios ahead are:

- $96 support broken on Monday could be a sign of weakness, but in such a case $94.50 could easily be support for a re-test of $96 (support turned resistance).

- A gap up early into $98-99, which will either confirm the pennant breakout, or lead to a pennant breakout failure. If the former, $100-101 is resistance (and measured move), If the latter, refer to first scenario.

- A mild gap either way, met with dips being bought into $100-101.

No comments: