The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Monday, March 16, 2009

Q's lead weakness

Early weakness in the Q's this morning hinted at possible end-of-day failure, as the Q's led the markets in last week's rally. The final result for today on the Q's was a fairly strong bearish engulfing pattern on increased volume.
While the Dow was up 80 points this morning and the SPY was in narrow consolidation, the Q's were testing previous session's lows. We had a W-(double) bottom with a bullish momentum divergence where price ended up closing on a lower low than the previous session.The SPY wasn't giving up throughout the day. The higher probability hint at weakness was the test of the highs on a bearish momentum divergence where price fell through my regression channel and came down to the day's pivot.Watching the SPY on a 1-minute chart today was pretty clean. On my 1-min chart I like to use an 89-EMA with a 34-EMA (Fibonacci numbers), while the sub-graph is a variation of an Accumulation/Distribution indicator. The third touch of the 89-EMA got me ready to go short, but actually provided yet another area to get long. Once the EMA's cross and price retraces and fails (as it did just before 3p.m.Eastern) it's time to go short (provided my ADA confirms, as it does in this case).

No comments: