The setups I include on this blog are used in conjunction with the 3/10macd and the criteria I ascribe to it as a way to alert me to an existing condition of price. The key concept to take away from this blog is that I try to anticipate what will happen on the higher time frame by using a faster time frame to trigger the trade setup. I do not trade a "system" I use two indicators to clue me in to price conditions. Please read the Disclaimer located in the sidebar of this site. I can be contacted via email at toddstrade@gmail.com
I am always open to questions, comments, or suggestions on how to improve this blog.


Thursday, November 13, 2008

confused

I spent most of the day confused as to what was going on in the market. Confusion is not a good state of mind to be in when putting money at risk, so I didn't. Just when I thought the rally was fizzling it retraced before continuing into the end of day. Is that our stupendous bottom?
Anyway, take a look at a 15-minute chart of QLD over the past week.We had a 20- 50-EMA crossover that gave us our trend to the downside. Throughout the course of the trend we were given a few opportunities to go short, or add to a short position at either the 50EMA or the longer term cycle moving average (thicker red line). Notice how today we hit the longer-term red moving average, got a gravestone doji and sold off, only to come roaring back to close above the MA. We now have a 20- 50 EMA bullish crossover taking place. Healthy behavior would be to see this market consolidate to allow the averages to catch up before buying the dips.
The volume on QLD today and the Nasdaq was strong, but didn't seem capitulation strong, in my opinion. But I guess, in relative terms, it could be plenty to feed more buying from those not wanting to be left behind.

{update} on second thought; look at this candle formation for today on the S&P...a lot of strength in that candle.

Here's a look at the Dow....I don't have the S&P volume chart available at the moment.

No comments: